Friday, August 26, 2011

Rocky Rocky Road

Hi folks!

On a beautiful fall day nearly two years ago, was a day that had been long coming. It had been so difficult for years prior and it became more and more difficult to coexist in our home. There was absolutely no chance, as not a single shred was salvageable. Communication of any sort had diminished to nearly none. I was living with a stranger, the person I once could trust and lean on had become the person I now trusted the least.

One particularly difficult day I took my dog, sweet Grace, to the park. I felt such heart pains that I had started to run, rather than walk. I had had enough. With tears and a desperate need for some sense of peace, I looked up and quietly said to God, the angels, and anyone else for that matter, that I DESERVE better. All I could see was the years passing by. I had no doubt this marriage needed to come to a close.

I can tell you that following that day, the wheels of change did indeed begin to turn (amazingly)! So, on that fall day, unfolding circumstances brought it all to a head, opening a conversation for change. The separation began that night. The relief was remarkable, and the journey began from there. I won't deny, the road was a bit rocky for the next year and a half. However, there was peace!

Know this, it really does get better! If there is one thing for someone in the deepest pit of this journey to know, it is that there will be light at the other end. You will see much brighter days, so stay strong and keep facing forward. This rocky road will smooth to a just wee bit of a bumpy road. There will be surprises along the way. People will come into your life in many ways, to help you, or just to make you smile! I was so surprised by so many caring people. It is amazing the goodness and kindness you will find in others.

I hope you are blessed with trustworthy friends to help you through. A friend who knows everything and loves you without judgement. That my friends, is a friend worth keeping!! I only hope that my trustworthy friend knows and feels the same, because I truly can be a wee much at times! Ha!

How about some Rocky, Rocky Road Goodies??

Peace.

Irishgirlinpink

Rocky, Rocky Road Goodies

1 12 oz Chocolate Chips
1 12 oz Butterscotch Chips
1 C Chunky Peanut Butter (yum!)
1 Bag Mini Marshmallows
1 C Nuts - Pecans, Peanuts, what you like best

Melt the chips and peanut butter over low temperature and cool. Add marshmallows and nuts. Spread into buttered cake pan. Chill before cutting.

I know, these are not a baked goody, but they are an easy summertime treat for young and old. Heck, the are pretty good with a glass of Merlot or Pinot Noir too!! Hope you try them. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment