Sunday, September 25, 2011

Second Chances

Hi folks!

What second chances have you had in your life?

If there is just one lesson to take from this process of divorce, it is that life is a continuous journey of change and discovery, leading to second chances for a new way of living. Second chances following a time of great difficulty, and of discovering this person within.

This person within, who was first, and always, a daughter, wife, mother, sister, niece, cousin, aunt and friend. It left me asking, who really is this person deep inside?

Nearly all of my life I have been the "caregiver", the reliable, helpful and giving one. Giving to everyone, yet not so giving to my own self. What is left when parents have passed, children have grown, and a marriage, only held together by a "thread", has unraveled? Thus began a journey to discover this person within; so weary, and yet so ready, to seek a peaceful and joyous way of living a graceful life.

It is astounding how God will work others into your life at the very time you most need them. He will work small joys in as well, to ease your pain and give you hope.

My heart is full of gratitude for every positive person, all to whom, I am so grateful. I find myself smiling for no apparent reason, other than I am happy. I seek to find every small joy, peaceful moment, and give thanks for everyone, and everything good, that has come my way!

It has not been easy. As my father would have said in a life difficulty, "it ain't for sissies"! Ha! I can say that with certainty, divorce ain't for sissies!

I do not have much, I have much yet to work out, but I am content, living in peace and love. So, truly, I do have much!!

It is OK, I have discovered, to truly enjoy this life. A life of love, humility, grace and gratitude. Yes, a wee bit of fun too!

Second chances come through in many ways.

Little did I know when I rescued my sweet dog, Grace, giving her a second chance for a better life, that she would soon be giving me comfort so needed. Thus, she, in turn, rescued me! Here she is at her favorite new spot by the lake!



God is truly amazing.

May you take a second chance, and run with it. And, when you do, in turn, help someone through their difficult journey to reach their peace and joy.

Peace.

Irishgirlinpink

No comments:

Post a Comment